Wastewater Mechanic in Training
W Melbourne, FL 32904 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Performs a variety of activities in the maintenance, construction, and repair of utility mains and facilities
- This is a semiskilled position, working under the direct supervision of the immediate supervisor and crew leader.
- Performs repairs to wastewater collection systems.
- Maintains sewer service lines.
- Operates a variety of trucks and equipment.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Responds to after-hours calls when serving on-call.
- High School Diploma / GED
- On the job training is provided to obtain required Collection system licenses
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Must possess, or obtain within eighteen (18) months of hire, a Class C Wastewater Collection Certificate
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of materials, methods, practices, and equipment used in plumbing repairs.
- Knowledge of the construction and repair of utility facilities
- Understand and gain Knowledge of sewer systems.
- Ability to work from sketches, maps, and as-builts.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Good physical ability
- Strength to do heavy lifting and carrying.
- Ability to work under adverse Florida weather conditions.
- Ability to operate various types of power tools and equipment used to install, maintain, or repair utility mains and services.
- Ability to work on-call.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must possess or obtain within eighteen (18) months of hire, a valid Florida Class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a tanker endorsement.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.