Structural Welder - Pulse Arc
Newport News, VA US
Now Hiring – Structural Welder (Pulse Arc)
Up to $45.00/Hr. – Per Diem $120.00 per workday
Four years of naval shipyard experience as a first-class welder.
Newport News, VA
- Multi-Pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
- Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges
Welding Qualification: All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests. These tests will be:
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) process.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime, if required.
- Must successfully pass a background & hair follicle drug test.
Submit a detailed resume for review.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.