Life Safety Systems Designer (1)
Portland, OR 97201
This is an entry level design / drafting position requiring previous experience and/or related course work.
- The Designer will be accountable for budget, schedule and quality of assigned tasks.
- Plan and design fire alarm, security, HPM monitoring, and safety systems drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings using CAD software.
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Perform battery and voltage drop calculations for systems
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 year technical degree preferred
- NICET Level I, CFPS
- Knowledge of NFPA 101, NEC (Article 500), IBC, and other NFPA codes governing LSS designs
- Knowledge and application of company engineering design and BIM & CAD drafting standards
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.