Environmental Specialist I 189823
Charlotte, NC 28202 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Job Location: Charlotte (hybrid- 3 days in office 2 days remote)
General responsibilities include:
• Provide regulatory compliance support for generating facilities.
• Provide technical support to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Groundwater Correct Action Program, Including, compiling data for regulatory-required and internal environmental reports.
• Provide limited administrative and financial system support to SMEs and Management.
• Managing multiple priorities and successfully completing task within specified timeframes.
Specific responsibilities may include performing or overseeing work in the following areas:
• Landfills: permitting, siting support, compliance reporting, and closure plan development.
• Groundwater: hydrogeologic investigation, monitoring well siting, modeling, and remediation.
• Preparation/review of environmental reports/calculations related to groundwater compliance and industrial waste landfills.
• Communicating with designers, operators, and maintenance consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or other related field of study
- Coursework and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Groundwater investigation and remediation
- Landfill permitting and operations
- Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) management (disposal, reuse, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Advanced degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental), Geology, Environmental Science, or equivalent engineering/sciences discipline
- EIT certification
- Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist certification
- Understands systems and processes that comply with environmental laws and regulations, permit conditions, corporate policies, goals, and targets
- Office environment including extensive computer use
- Occasional work in a power plant or field environment with exposure to all types of weather
- Occasional mildly strenuous physical activity (extensive walking on uneven surfaces, climbing stairs/ladders, etc.)
- Occasional overtime work
- Job Location: Charlotte (hybrid- 3 days in office 2 days remote)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."